The goal of ASUCR Outreach is to build more peer to peer interaction through innovative¬†programming¬† Moreover, influencing and motivating students 7-12th grade to become more passionate about higher education.
We plan to do so by:
- Holding more frequent programs
- Transparency to High School students
Spring Quarter ASUCR Outreach:
- ¬†We will be¬†focusing on creating a system that maximizes opportunity for Outreach events/programs here at UCR.
- We¬†plan on enforcing this goal by not only finding more ways clubs can access funding for outreach events. But also publicizing these events so that more students can be aware of volunteer opportunities.
Are you interested in volunteering for Outreach events put on by your fellow peers? Then check out this web of Outreach, which is a list of the upcoming Outreach events for the Quarter that have been funded by the SIAP grant and their lead contact so that you can become involved!
Web of Outreach Document
Please check back on how to get more involved with ASUCR Outreach.
Feel free to contact the Outreach Director Cortni Thomas (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions!
The SIAP Grant Applications are due by 5 pm January 30th 2013 in the ASUCR Office.
The Outreach Hearing will take place on February 4th 2013 from 4pm-7pm in the ASUCR Conference Room
What is the SIAP Grant?
Student Initiated Academic Preparation (SIAP) funds are made available from the California State budget legislation. The purpose of the grant is to fund student-led academic preparation activities, and increase the educational capacity of California school and educational opportunities for students from economically disadvantaged backgrounds. Specifically geared for California 7th-12th grade students, with the goal of having those students enroll in an institution of higher education.
Eligibility Requirements to Apply
- Organization/Club registered with UC Riverside Student Life and Leadership
- Organization/Club conduction academic preparation activities which UCR students are involved in the implementation.
- Organization/Club has a department sponsor.
- Applicants may obtain the Student Initiated Academic Preparation Grant Application by¬†downloading the application¬†below.
- Applicants must personally submit eight (8) copies of their typed applications to the Outreach Director located inside the Associated Student Office, 202 HUB. Applications must be received TWO days (2 days) before the Student Initiated Academic Preparation allocation meeting.
- To ensure that applications are complete, applicants are required to complete the SIAP Grant Application Checklist and submit it with the application TWO days (2 days) before the Student Initiated Academic Preparation allocation meeting. When submitting your applications you must sign-up for a time slot during the Student Initiated Academic Preparation allocation meeting.
- Optional: In addition, it is advisable that grant requests receive a preliminary review (available by appointment) by the Outreach Director. To schedule an appointment contact the Outreach Director at email@example.com.
- In the Student initiated Academic Preparation allocation meeting the Outreach Committee will allocate the funds. In the meeting, two members from your organization/club are allowed to present and explain their outreach event.
- Applicants will be notified of the allocation results by email immediately after the decision has been passed through senate.
- All organizations granted funding must make an appointment before their activity, with the Outreach Director to review the Funding Agreement conditions prior to the dispersal of any funds.
Download the application here
Download the checklist here
Application is due in the ASUCR Office 5pm on April 24, 2013 – HUB 202